The best way to master a foreign language like French is to take intensive and focused lessons to get familiar with its fundamentals and to re-use skills as often as possible in a motivating context. QilinEduc and its partner the Cercle Hippique du Pin have designed this course which includes one and a half hours per day of French studies in the morning with experienced teachers and 2 hours of horseback riding in the afternoon.
In addition to the classes themselves, you are taking part in the horse-riding centre routine to boost your fluency in French. You take your lunches on site with teachers and the care team to discuss about horse history, equestrian news at large and other topics as well.
The horse-riding centre
The Cercle Hippique du Pin is located in a village of 3 000 inhabitants, 25 kms from Paris, called Le Pin. It is distinguished by its high teaching standards and the way students are welcomed, it is small and its atmosphere is warm.
It is delivered by experienced teachers, focused on the student’s needs and profile. The student is definitely put at the center of this pedagogy. An oral test is arranged by Skype prior to the beginning of the course. A written test is also done before the beginning of the course. The group size is maximum 3 people, equivalent levels.
We arrange homestay or short term rented studios like Airb&b a maximum of 15 kilometers from the riding centre. If homestay is chosen, an individual room is guaranteed and the bathroom is shared most of the time. Breakfast and dinner are eaten with hostesses, which is a good opportunity to keep on speaking French in a different context. Qilin has negotiated special rates and close relationships with local Airb&b and families.
Course dates: please contact Qilin (arrival on Sunday, departure on Saturday) Price: 1 285€*
Booking deadline: one week before arrival
Minimum required level in French: A2 (oral and written tests done before the course)
Minimum required level in equitation: trotter enlevé (a totally beginner student can be welcomed under certain conditions. The riding level is evaluated at the beginning of the course but a short video is requested at the registration)
*The price includes:
– 5 French lessons (1,5 hours each) and 5 horseriding lessons (2 hours each, including horse care)
– 5 lunches
– transport between accommodation and chosen accommodation
– airport transfers to and from Charles De Gaulle airport
*The price excludes
– the flight or train ticket (to and from your country)
– the accommodation
– potential visa costs are not included in this price.
– spending money
– a day at EuroDisney. This day is arranged between Monday and Friday in order to avoid the usual big crowds at the park. French and horseriding lessons are rescheduled on Saturday.
Extra cost: 155€ (including the extra night and the additional meals. Departure on Sunday if this option is chosen)
– a day in Paris (by public transportation, sightseeing to be defined according to the student’s wishes)
Extra cost: 130€ (including the extra night and the additional meals if this option is chosen)
– French exams DELF and DALF and horse riding national exams (please ask)
– individualized and personalized advice and teaching (both for French language and horse riding)
– horse equipment loan when necessary (saddle, bridle, care equipment, lunge whip, etc.) but bring your personal equipment (trousers, boots and chaps, hammer, stick);
– experienced teachers, focused teaching according to the student’s needs and profile;
– total pedagogical handling with pre and post assessments;
– calm environment during the day time.
– the Cercle Hippique du Pin is a member of the National Equitation Federation.
Personal and repatriation insurances to home country are compulsory. In case of an accident, medical fees delivered in France are paid for by agreements between European countries. For any non European person, sport and repatriation insurances are compulsory.
This course can be arranged for closed small groups of 4 people. Please ask for details Please contact Florence at +33 7 86 72 68 96 or [email protected]